Who were the greatest 10 artists of all time? A difficult choice, but we pick 10 artists who made lasting contribution to changing the world through art.
1. Leonardo Da Vinci (1452–1519) Renaissance painter, scientist, inventor, and more. Da Vinci is one of most famous painters in the world for his iconic Mona Lisa and Last Supper.
2. Vincent Van Gogh (1853–1890). Dutch post-impressionist painter. Famous paintings include; Sunflowers, The Starry Night, and Cafe Terrace at Night.
3. Rembrandt (1606–1669) Dutch Master. One of the greatest painters, admired for his vivid realism. Famous paintings include The Jewish Bride and The Storm of the Sea of Galilee.
4. Michelangelo (1475–1564) Renaissance sculptor, painter and architect. Famous paintings include his epic ceiling mural on the Sistine Chapel.
5. Claude Monet (1840–1926) French impressionist painter. Famous paintings include Waterlilies, Women in Garden, and Impression Sunrise.
6. Pablo Picasso (1881–1973) Spanish, modern ‘cubist’ painter. Famous works include Guernica and Bird of Peace.
7. Raphael (1483–1520) Italian painter. Raphael, da Vinci and Michelangelo make up the high Renaissance trinity. Famous paintings include Mond Crucifixion and The Wedding of the Virgin.
8. Auguste Renoir (1841–1919) French painter, one of the early pioneers of impressionism. Also influenced by Italian renaissance. Famous works include Dance at Le Moulin de la Galette and On the Terrace.
9. Jan Vermeer (1632–1675) Dutch painter who specialised in genre painting – vivid depictions of still life. Famous paintings include View of Delft, Girl With a Pearl Earring, and The Milkmaid.
10. Paul Cezanne (1839–1906) French post-impressionist painter. Famous paintings include; The Card Players and Still Life with a Curtain.
Citation: Pettinger, Tejvan. “Top 10 Artists”, Oxford, UK. www.biographyonline.net, 23rd May 2013. Last updated 1 March 2018.
50 Artists at Amazon
10 Greatest paintings of all time. Including the Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci, Creation of Adam – Sistine Chapel by Michelangelo, and Poppies in a Field by Claude Monet.
10 Greatest works of art of all time. Including the Pieta and the Statue of David by Michelangelo, Ecstasy of St Therese by Bernini, and Sunflowers by Vincent Van Gogh.
Famous artists – From the High Renaissance to impressionists and modern artists. Includes Da Vinci, Van Gogh, Rembrandt and Caravaggio.
People of the Renaissance (1350s to 1650s) The Renaissance covers the flowering of art and culture in Europe. Primarily in art, but also in science. Includes Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and Raphael.
I must say that I’m not an artist or particularly clever where art is concerned. It’s just that I’ve visited a few exhibitions in several countries but I’m always drawn to the wonderful exhibits in Paris Louvre and visit as often as I can.
Michelangelo was the greatest of all time. Paulo Veronese with his masterpiece The wedding feast at Cans can’t be ignored.
I dont have a website…..I chose one off the top of my head, ….it’s not mine….But the art here is ‘Truth Telling’….. Of course each person chose s what they consider credible…but evidence based support is very strong.
And an artist doesn’t have to be a painter. The creator of life is the greatest artist, most overlooked…. and most copied.
An artist and a painter…..mm a noun and a verb referring to the same person. Critics will always abound. Each has their favorite
Absolotely not, Michelangelo, Leonardo, Raffaello, Caravaggio were far better than Van Gogh.