10 great inventors who helped change the world.
- Thomas Edison (1847 – 1931)Edison filed over 1,000 patents. He developed and innovated a wide range of products from the electric light bulb to the phonograph and motion picture camera.
- The Wright BrothersSuccessfully designed, built and flew the first powered aircraft, showing that man could fly. One of most important inventions of Twentieth Century.
- Benjamin Franklin (1705 – 1790)Polymath who discovered electricity and invented the Franklin stove
- Charles Babbage (1791 – 1871)- Created first mechanical computer, which proved to be the prototype for future computers. Considered to be the ‘Father of Computers’
- James Watt (1736 – 1819)Inventor of the steam engine, which was critical in the industrial revolution. His invention of a separate condensing chamber, greatly improved the efficiency of steam.
- Alexander Bell (1847 – 1922)Credited with inventing the first practical telephone. Also worked on optical telecommunications, aeronautics and hydrofoils.
- Leonardo Da Vinci (1452 – 1519)One of the greatest ever minds, invented models that proved workable 3-500 years later.
- Galileo (1564-1642)Developed a powerful telescope
and confirmed revolutionary theories about the nature of the world. Also developed an improved compass.
- Tim Berners LeeDeveloped
the http:// protocol for the internet.
Making the world wide web freely available.
View more: Famous inventors throughout history
Inventors and their Inventions
Many of the scientists on this list have contributed to these famous inventions
- Top 10 Scientists of all time
- Top 10 Entrepreneurs
- Scientist Biographies
- Top 10 inventors at Marquin